Abendroth Blutjager's Guide to Harry Potter

Thursday, August 03, 2006

"Official" Additional Ways to Ponder...Runes and Tarot

I have to officially add a new category to my chapter-by-chapter observations...Runes and Tarot cards. Though not every chapter will have a post on Tarot or Runes, many will.

For example, Harry's scar is Sigel/Sigil or Sowulo/Sowelo, a protection rune that signifies the sun/sunlight, the sun's energy, wholeness, life's energy, health, good fortune, and happiness. It's also associated with Baldur, patron of light and innocence.

Already I know I'll later need to address Eolh/Algiz, Thorn/Thurisaz, Gyfu/Gebo, Ger/Jera, Tiw/Teiwaz, Yr/Eihwaz, Eh/Ehwaz, Nyd/Nauthiz, Daeg/Dagaz, and Lagu/Laguz.

Not only that, I also see I'll be making frequent mention of certain Tarot cards, particularly The Hanged Man and The Tower.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home