Abendroth Blutjager's Guide to Harry Potter

Monday, May 01, 2006

My HP-inspired artwork...coming *someday*....

Okay, so this isn't a typical post about my interpretations of the Harry Potter septology.... I use lots of pics that I have found online, and I don't claim any of them to be my work, since they aren't!

However, I'm currently working on an oil painting that features my favorite Potions Master, and it will reflect my musical tastes, as it also portrays part of a Tool song.

Yep. I'm painting Severus Snape portraying imagery from Tool's "The Grudge".

Update: This one has the subtitle "Transmutate These Leaden Grudges into Gold".

Once it's done (once I decide not to mess with it anymore) I'll post it in this blog (probably this same post), and the original will be for sale!

If I'm not completely turned off by my own attempt at painting Severus, I have ideas for future paintings, including others that fuse characters with song lyrics....

Update: Other ideas for "The Grudge Series" paintings are "Wear the Grudge Like a Crown of Negativity", "Unable to Forgive your Scarlet Lettermen", "Saturn Ascends", and "Saturn Comes Back Around". I might not make all these paintings, but then again I might, so if you like my ideas please don't take them. Maybe you could tell me which ones you think I should pursue....

To be updated again someday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Rivera said...

When do you think you'll be finished with your artwork? I know you said soonish but that was days ago.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Arran Walker said...

soonish means within a few months for me. I'm currently working on two commissioned paintings, too. I could email you a pic of what the painting looks like so far.... Just give me a couple days to take the pic/load it/email it, ok?

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home